Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Staying home Tattooed

After years of anticipating what my first tattoo would be, I finally know. Three cute little buttons! One purple, one green, one blue; each one different than the last. To be perfectly honest, I still can't believe I did it. More than this, I cannot believe how smooth the process is. I now understand how some people are continually collecting more and more. It's exciting, pretty, somewhat testing, and really not all that painful.

I've heard that foot tattoos are one of the most painful. I don't have anything to compare it to but for the record, it's not too bad! I would describe the feeling as a continual vibration from inside with a quick slit from a razor blade every now and then. I felt my eyebrows furrow a couple of times, but you will see in the photo below that I was mostly all smiles.

Overall I am very pleased with the turnout. The detail is great and I am very impressed that Emily was able to make them so small and realistic-looking. Oh, and the colors are perfect (Almost exactly the same as the colors on my nails! (I painted my nails for color reference hah)). I am still not quite used to them but I think that that is probably quite normal. Every time I look in a mirror I raise my heel, lean on my toes, and admire the pretty little things. I love the way they make me feel: cute, pretty, girly, crafty, and a tad bit bad ass.

Now, you may be wondering - why buttons? (I know my dad was). And I don't have a big story, I just think that they are terribly sweet. I am a very artsy/crafty person and always have been. I like making things and putting things together to create something new. I like to decorate everything and anything I can adding color or patterns or shapes. I like things that catch the eye - I think these buttons do all of these things.

And now I would like to share pictures with you.

The Process - Taken by Chris, tattoo by Emily at Urge Studios (Victoria, BC)

Buttons!

I'd love to hear what you guys think, thanks for reading!
-Alysha Elizabeth

9 comments:

  1. I saw the buttons tumbled, LOVE THEM. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you!!!
    Also, nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girlie! I think your blog is fantastic! I'm giving you an award! You can find it here:

    http://therajoyce.blogspot.com/2010/06/versatile-blogger-award.html

    <3
    Thera Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks great!! i just got my first one, too :) saw your blog on the awards list at the crafty pirate-congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thera Joyce - Thanks!!! Aw, how sweet.

    Cherry Red Studio - Thank you. The healing process is slightly frightening, isn't it? Scabby, a tad blurry - eep! I can't wait for the darn thing to heal! Also - nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ummm...i LOVE your tattoo! i have a side piece. and like you said, i heard that the first tattoo is the worst and it hurts like hell. and i heard that side pieces hurt the worst! SOO i decided that seeing as though i didn't have a clue what it felt like at all, that I would just go for it and get the most 'painful' tattoo out there.

    i did it. and i love it. it's so much fun! i love yours! and thanks for the follow! i'm excited to get to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my i LOVE the buttons! i'm hopefully going to get a tattoo in the near future! great read and great blog lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. truly adorable ... i think it definitely suits you!

    ReplyDelete