I came home to a surprise the other day - Jess and Chris had found and brought home a little black charcoal barbeque! The best part is that it was free and even came with a full bag of briquettes. I love Victoria for this; finding free useful items on neighborhood streets. People here try their best not to waste, and what better way to acheive this and make someone else happy by stumbling across something great! I don't know if I mentioned but during the recent moving process we found really nice plates and a coat/hat rack behind a near by apartment building (amongst other things that we did not bring home). We had planned on purchasing a coat rack and surprise - free coat rack on the street. Success! Anyhow, back to the bbq, Chris took the time to clean it up yesterday and we grilled some delicious vegetable and tofu kabobs. Grilling is so fun because it gives you a good excuse to sit outside all the while feeling useful.
Some photos of Chris, Jess, the barbeque, beer, and I:


Oh, and we did a bit of drinking while we were at it.


It's days like this that are really going to make me miss Jess when she leaves. We just make such a great trio.
That is all for now.
-Alysha Elizabeth
I love finding useful stuff! It's the best!
ReplyDeleteThera Joyce