
This post is a little late but the content is totally worth mentioning. A group of us visited the Ocean Discovery Center in Sidney last week. We learned some things, took some pictures, peeped at specimens through microscopes and had tons of fun. Oh, and then ended up at Mineral World where we somehow spent almost forty five minutes, even though the only part that was open was the gift shop. It was humongous!! I really enjoyed our trip, but if you are asking for a review I probably would not return to the center. It was a little pricey and the touch tank was a bit of a let down. Heck, I've played with far more star fish and little ocean plants at my favorite little beach. And there weren't any rules! (They only let you touch with your pinkies, and the man working was hardly enthused to be there.)My favorite part, however, was without a doubt the jellyfish. They just so vibrant and pretty on the eyes.
Pretty Purply Pink Plant

Whale Skull!!

...Me - with my head in a fish tank.

And after all the day fun, we had night fun playing basketball and having a surprise sleep over that ended with pumpkin/banana/zucchini loaf. Hooray for successful outings!
-Alysha Elizabeth
That picture with your head in the fish tank is absolutely terrifying.
ReplyDeleteAwesome photos! I love marine life. I wanted to be a marine biologist when I was younger. That sucks that the touch tank wasn't that great, that's the best part.
ReplyDeleteThis are very pretty, especially the first picture.
ReplyDeleteOh thank you!
ReplyDeleteThera Joyce - The touch tank was not cool, but when you live by the ocean, you can touch all the time! It's way better than any aquariums.
Anonymous - Totally terrifying. Isn't it awesome?
ReplyDeleteSurprise, anonymous is ME! D-Fresh from the block. And yeah, awesome is another way to describe it.
ReplyDelete