Saturday, May 15, 2010

Progress?

Well, my online shop has yet to take off. I had imagined it being a bit of a hit but maybe I was getting ahead of myself. People love the stuff, the compliments are plentyful whether it be online or in passing, but they have yet to give any of my peices a home. I'll just have to hang in there and hope some movement in sales happens soon!

On that note, I had an offer from the storekeeper at a gift shop in the Lower Johnson area to sell my stuff in her shop. She had noticed the wristlet that I was wearing and said she thinks they'd do really well, problem is I don't know how I feel about selling them to someone who is going to buy them from me and then hike up the price. Actually, I do know how I feel about it - not good. I'd rather stick to doing this honestly and independently :)

On a whole different topic - I was granted acceptance to the Social Work program at the University of Victoria! After four years it's great to see the end to a degree, even if it is another two years away. Now, is Social Work really what I want to do? Maybe. Aside from changing my path completely and attending Art School or no longer attending school at all and selling crafts for life, I really don't see anything else that I would like to do when I grow up. So, in this moment, Social Work Degree - here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment