Once a year Chris and I return to our hometown for a visit. Usually it's Christmas time, but this year we came for a few weeks in summer. Have any of you been to Flin Flon Manitoba? Flin Flon is a small Northern mining town that is out of the way of any major cities or landmarks. Most people have never even heard of it! I grew up here but I couldn't wait for graduation and to move on to bigger things. It's too small for me, I like to be a mystery and to see new faces every day - that kind of thing just isn't possible here and that always bothered me. I think I would go stir crazy if I stayed here forever! (I pretty much am right now after a week and a half, seriously.) I am very happy to be living in Victoria right now, but I don't know that I will ever fully escape this place so when I visit I try to see the best in it. This trip specifically, I paid attention to the layout of the town and to the landscape. It's unique, this is after all, "a city built on rocks."
Here are some photos that I took of (what I think are) interesting parts of the town today:
Ross Lake, centre of the town
The Tailing's Pond
I will post more later,
-Alysha Elizabeth
love the pictures! can't wait to see more! it looks like a great place to visit but i am with you on the small town thing and wanting to live in a bigger city with more variety...i have been to victoria and really really liked it there!
ReplyDeletexo,
cb
interesting! no i'd never heard of flin flon but sounds like a dessert of some sort..
ReplyDeletecb- Victoria is BEAUTIFUL! And the weather is perfect.
ReplyDeleteEva- You'd be surprised how many times I've heard that!! Or "flip flop"
gorgeous pictures! the weather looks so amazing!
ReplyDelete♥ allisterbee.blogspot.com