Remember catching frogs as a child? I loved it, and I still do. I have yet to find frog hotspots back in Victoria, but I surely know where they are here in Flin Flon - right in Chris' parent's front yard! They have a pretty house out at Big Island Lake and they have the biggest brown frogs. I had such a blast catching them yesterday, they are so fast and jump like crazy but are still fairly easy to catch as they really can't go that far. They don't swim very far and like to stay close to the shoreline. I feel bad scaring them at first, but once they realize that you aren't trying to hurt them they calm down and sit happily in your hand.
Here are some pictures Chris snapped during my adventur:
Isn't he pretty? I also got a great shot of a grasshopper that was hanging out next to us in the weeds:
Insects are my favorite to take pictures of. I am not sure where the obsession came from, I just think that they are incredibly interesting to look at. I also feel sorry for them because many people choose to be fearful or dislike them. If you give them the chance they are really quite exciting!
-Alysha Elizabeth
oh my, great photos! that frog is adorable.
ReplyDeleteand just so you know...we're name buddies. well, kind of. i love finding people with the same name as me.
elycia
oh i loved catching frogs when i was little and like you still do too but they always end up peeing on me :( but that doesn't stop me :)
ReplyDeletexo,
cb
Hello new friends!
ReplyDelete