Monday, July 19, 2010

Craft Room

Hello! I've been meaning to make this post for a while now but I have not been able to get pictures that I thought were good enough. I am still not entirely pleased, the lighting in the room is pretty terrible and thus the photos just do not give the room credit. Anyhow, I tried my best and here we are:

The room doubles as a craft room and a work space. I did not include any pictures of the other half of the room but do know that there is also a giant computer desk, computer, and such behind where I am standing. Also, there are two little stairs that lead down into the room, which I think is really cute for some reason.

Overall view

This is where I do my sewing. Note: Chris and I recently re-painted the desk, doesn't the teal look great? Oh, and I found that cute little pink and white chair on the side of the road across the street. (Yay Victoria and it's free things!)

A close up of the wall behind my sewing spot. We can't paint the walls since we are just renting, but I spruce it up with colored card stock!

Bunny shelves! They are perfect for holding my fabrics. Chris found these for me at a thrift shop for $3 for the both of them! I couldn't believe it, I had been looking for inexpensive shelving for ages.

Antique sewing machine. We found this on the side of the road as well, for free of course. Can you believe it? And it works too!

A girls' gotta have her colorful pens. It's hard to see in the full picture, but there is a nice ledge that runs along the wall behind the sewing desk and holds my paints/pastels/pens/brushes etc. perfectly.

Cutest ironing board ever. Oh, and my cat etching piece that I am currently working on haha.

Flippin' sweet cuckoo clock with a deer head. Another wonderful thrift find.

And lastly, a pretty picture I snapped to show off the new color of my desk.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my space! I am tremendously pleased with it and Chris loves it too. Sometimes we stand in the doorway in admiration, silly us.

-Alysha Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the craft room, that's amazing! If I did crafts I would want a space of my own for sure.

    To reply to the comment you left on my blog; the place we stayed in Savary was a bit more pricey than average, I think it was about $275 a night if I remember correctly. But there is all kinds of accomodations there, mostly cabins you can rent for good rates.
    Here's a website to the place we stayed if you're interested;
    http://savaryislandresort.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the colorful wall. And I'm really jealous that you have a craft room. I just destroy my entire living room whenever I make anything.

    http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sarah!

    This is my first time having a craft room, it's amazing. I know all too well how it is to have colorful explosions in my living room! I have to say, the best part about having the seperate room is not having to clean up immediately after heheh.

    And I will surely check out your blog!
    -Alysha

    ReplyDelete